November 17 2017
Dear fellow Recalboxers !
With this new release, it is time to bump/update emulators included in Recalbox !
Let’s get in the depths of the majors bugfixs / new features :
- Updated on 1.6.9 version, that includes many fixes and improvements. If you want more informations, go on libretro release post.
- Updated on 1.10.0 “WIP” release. This version now work on all Recalbox boards, including Odroid XU4. It fixes many issues as the jerky/laggy analog joystick mouse control problem. For more information here is the 1.10.0 ScummVM changelog.
- Updated on 0.74 r4063. Thanks lmerckx
Libretro cores :
- libretro-beetle-pce: added MAME CHD image support
- libretro-beetle-supergrafx: added support for RetroAchievements, turbo on/off for 2-button controller mode, MAME CHD image support
- libretro-beetle-wswan: fixed a screen rotation issue
- libretro-bluemsx: added CAS and M3U files support
- libretro-catsfc: fixed sound issues, CPU emulation, lagfix, BSX fixes and SuperFX fixes & improvements
- libretro-fba: bumped on last v0.2.97.42. New DAT files are availables here
- libretro-fceumm: many fixes and updates for the mapper code
- libretro-fmsx: added support for .dsk/.cas files and nospritelimit & crop overscan core options, fixed some multidisk issues
- libretro-gambatte: fixed color palette bugs
- libretro-genesisplusgx: added a cycle-accurate sound core, support for overclocking and the ability to remove per-line sprite limits, fixed CD hardware buffer initialization when using dynamic memory allocation
- libretro-glupen64: added high resolution support
- libretro-gw: fixed some issues with high scores not updating properly
- libretro-imame: many fixes and improvements
- libretro-lutro: many fixes and improvements
- libretro-mame2003: fixed DCS sound issues fixed (Mortal Kombat 1/2/3/Ultimate, NBA Jam, Total Carnage, etc. other games.), enhanced games compatibility, backported C-based MIPS3 support (Killer Instinct and Killer Instinct 2 working on X86/X86_64 only)
- libretro-mgba: bumped to upstream 0.6.1 release, many improvements
- libretro-nestopia: added support for 2x overclocking
- libretro-nxengine: bumped to v184.108.40.206
- libretro-pcsx: fixed some polygon issues, added an enable/disable dithering core option
- plibretro-picodrive: many accuracy improvements, added 68k overclocking
- libretro-prboom: many fixes about cursor, gamepads, savegames, mouse/keyboard support
- libretro-prosystem: fixed database and color palette
- libretro-snes9x-next: fixed invalid VRAM access, speedhack for SuperFX
- libretro-snes9x: fixed MSU1 (crackling sound issue), bugfix on chrono trigger, fixed aspect ratio and added 20MHz Super FX Overclock Option
- libretro-vecx: updated line drawing and added internal resolution multiplier core option
- libretro-vice: improved screen resizing and handling for PAL/NTSC regions
libretro-mame2003 - examples of new supported games :
So with this new release, we updated almost all emulators included in Recalbox. The missing ones (advancemame, dolphin, moonlight, mupen64plus, ppsspp) will be updated, later, in a next release.
Best regards, Recalbox’s Team.